Enrollment starts in May. You can address the admission office at AlManar American Section to fill out an application form, or go to the admission link on our website: http://www.almanarschool.net/, print out an application, and fill it out. Admission is closed by the End of June. Results of placement tests and interviews are announced by the end of July. Please, contact the secretary office by mid-July to avoid missing the results of admission.
Age Requirement for acceptance:
- Pre K : 3.5 years by October 1st of the current academic year.
- KG1 : 4.5 Years by October 1st of the current academic year.
- KG2 : 5.5 Years by October 1st of the current academic year.
- Acceptance in KG is based on age, personal interview, and assessment. (Both parents are requested to be present during the interview).
- Acceptance in higher grades is based on personal interview, placement tests results & past school records.
If the child applying to AlManar Language School American Section fulfills the age requirements, an interview is held for both the applicant and his parents on the announced dates. For applicants from Grades 1-12, - according to the availability of vacant places - a placement test will be held in both Math and English language and applicant should score a minimum of 60 % of the marks. Applicants scoring below 60% in any of the two subjects will not be eligible for enrollment.
Registration & Payment Procedures
Upon acceptance, "150 L.E" non-refundable Application Fee must be paid for registration in the main “Students Affairs Office”. An emergency form must be filled prior to registration. Fifty 50 % of the school tuition fees are due at the time of registration (in August).The remaining 50% must be paid in two installments in November, and January. Any delay in the payment of the fees installments by more than one month will result in a fine that is equivalent to 10% of the term fees as decided by the Board of Directors. To have a copy of the list of fees , and the schedule of payment for the current academic year, please address the Accounting Office.
Please note that these fees do not include: - Bus fees, nor school uniform prices. Also, these fees are subject to change without notice.
The tuition fees can only be refund if the registration has to be cancelled for urgent reasons, BEFORE THE SCHOOL YEAR STARTS. After school starts in both terms, the tuition fees cannot be refund.
Also, the textbooks deposit is refund in September of the subsequent year upon return of the books in a good condition.
The School provides no more opportunities for “Probationary Acceptance”
A parent orientation usually takes place during the last week before the start of the school year. It allow parents and guardians to be acquainted to the classes of their children, their textbooks, their homeroom teacher, and subject teachers, as well as getting a copy of the recent handbook, and contact information.
Papers required for new applicants to Almanar American Section:-
(These are required to be completed before the interview or placements tests)
- Egyptian Students:-
- Completely filled application form.
- Egyptian Birth certificate (Computer form)
- 2 photos (4x6) + 8 (at registration) *.
- Photocopy of parents ID (National ID).
- Photocopy of parents’ qualifications
- Students transferred from other schools:-
- Last year’s school record (Final Report).
- Transfer request form. A passing certificate from the educational center he transferred from. ( Edara Ta3leemia)*
- Recommendation letter from the previous school.
- Foreign students:-
- Birth certificate.
- 2 pictures (4x6) + 8 (at registration)*.
- The final certificate (record) of the previous academic year.
- Photocopy of the residency in Egypt.*
- A letter from the (Foreign center/EDARET WAFEDEEN) in the educational center (Edara Ta3leemia) /provides acceptance for the transferred student to be enrolled in the school. *
- A photocopy of the parents & student’s passports.